06 August 2009

fernandez & wells

For a bit of refreshment Tuesday afternoon, we stopped by my new favorite London cafe, Fernandez & Wells on Beak Street.

They do fab breakfasts, lunches, and cakes. And their coffee is truly exceptional: dark and strong, just the way I like it.

Unfortunately black coffee doesn't make for a very exciting a picture, so here's G's latte and pastel de nata (Portuguese custard tart) from a few mornings back:

And while their cakes and cookies are delicious--Ali insists you try the clementine cake--they do gorgeous sandwiches, too:

Simply the perfect cafe, if you can snag a place at the counter, that is!

4 comments:

  1. Portuguese custard tarts - fantastic. My only fear of baking them at home is that I would be tempted to eat more than one in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yes! I love the tart... is it like creme catalan, like they do in Barcelona?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to lean more toward being a tea granny but that latte looks very tempting. D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Milky drinks of any description defy understanding, in my book.... but the baking, now, that's another matter. Speaking of books, I see you've read Henrietta's War - I hope you loved it enough to go on to Henrietta Sees It Through? Both delightful, and very touching.

    ReplyDelete