31 May 2008

petersham nurseries

Yesterday, G and I both had the day off, so we went for morning coffee and cake at one of my favorite spots in Richmond, Petersham Nurseries. Even when it's mucky outside, the wood-panelled teahouse is delightfully warm and cosy and the greenhouses wonderfully elegant.

All my favorite grays, blues, and greens...galvanized metal, earthy pottery, and well-worn wood...and of course the amazing plants...

I managed to talk the teahouse staff into giving me the recipe for my favorite fig cake. But even if I manage to replicate the cake, I know I'll never be able to duplicate the surroundings.

Petersham is currently under threat from the Council. I simply can't understand anyone wanting to close it.

2 comments:

  1. It looks delightful - I must go one day - perhaps I can persuade you to introduce me to the fig cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like my kind of place - full of loveliness. Perhaps we could sample the fig cake there one day?

    ReplyDelete